Study Based Migration ( Student Visa )

Tier 4 (General)/ Student Visa

The majority of student visa applications need to be made outside of the UK. Applicants will need to prove that they have been accepted to study a UK-recognised qualification, and the academic institution or education provider needs to be licensed to sponsor applicants under the UK’s Points Based System.

Applicants will also need to prove that the selected course of study is:

  • A recognised, full-time degree course; or
  • A course which is run during the week that involves at least fifteen hours of organised daytime study per week, or
  • A full-time course of study at an independent fee-paying school.

A student may not work more than 20 hours per week during term time. Dependants, such as a spouse and minor children (under 18 years of age), can accompany a student to the UK. A dependant spouse will be permitted to work provided the student (main holder of the right) has been granted permission to stay in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months.

It is important to highlight that unmarried partners are not considered to be approved dependants under this category.

If you would like to apply for a Student visa for study in the UK through Craig Smith and Associates, click here.